The Seed & The Cycle - Phase 1

 So now that I've got the aquascape sorted out, it's time to game on and start the reboot process. 

On a Saturday (06/02) afternoon, Bing came over and started getting everything out of the tank. He got a long hose, one side clipped to the side of my tank and the other side will be to a drain pipe. While draining the water, he started removing the rocks/corals/fish from the tank. Included in the reboot package would be some cleaning as well.


 It took a good solid 2-3hrs to get it done. I was actually amazed it took that short of a time! Especially for a tank that size. The tank looked empty and I was abit sad to be honest. Sad that I now have to wait a couple of weeks/months before I have some 'colours' in my tank again. 


It was about 5pm when he left, and I started filling the tank with RO/DI (Reverse Osmosis De-Ionized) water. For those of you who do not know what RO/DI water is, it's basically pure water. No chlorine, no sodium, no traces of any other minerals/elements, only pure good old H2O. It takes a long time to get RO/DI water because typical hobby grade RO/DI systems only generate a small output of RO/DI water and will most likely take hours to fill 150 gallons. My RO/DI system generally goes at a rate of 15-20 gallons/hr. So worst case scenario it will take me 10 hours to fill it. To make things worse, I had to carry and fill the tank bucket by bucket as there is no convenient way of dumping water into the tank from the RO/DI system. So yeah, if 1 bucket is 8 gallons and I have to fill a 150 gallon tank, you do the math how many times I have to go to and fro, lifting up and down to get it filled. I eventually filled halfway and was too tired, so I went to bed. The rest of it shall be continued tomorrow. Hopefully dad doesn't kill me for the high utility bills this month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reef Aquascape

Background

The Seed & The Cycle - Phase 3